Thursday, July 27, 2006

"i am sorry to decline your proposition"

stop!
that's it!
i can't anymore!
nein!
please do not contact me for any interview anymore.
i am beginning to freak out repeating 5 times a day the same things. if your interested in what i am doing, please write yourself a story about it (it's easy, you'll see).
anyways, everything i am asked is already on the blog. or worst, on tv.
i should by the way keep record of these interviews, some are incredible. i was asked twice so far: "don't you think that your piece of music and bombs is of a bad taste?
i answered twice: "do you think that it is of a good taste to throw a bomb on a bus with civilians escaping their village?"
it is incredible that some people, listening to this piece in their living room in london or in paris, ask themselves if they like it or not. i think that some people should never stop seeing cnn and fox news. it is made for them. it is "good taste" news.

also, for the new comers on this blog, i repeat my now famous sentence (a sort of personal "to be or not to be" kind of stuff):
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY POLITICAL COMMENT ON THIS BLOG.
THIS IS BLOG DEDICATED TO ART.
AND AS SUCH, IT VOMITS ON ANYTHING CALLED POLITICS.
thank you to follow this simple rule (it's easy, you'll see), knowing that i have no scruple to erase whatever doesn't please me. yeah, it sounds rude, but you're not in the "real" disneyland here.

finally, a kind message to all the people posting comments on this blog:
thank you for your support and for spreading the message. keep doing so please. with a little bit of luck it will end up on condoleeza rice's desktop. i know it won't stop the war, but i am sure at least that she'll ask me to do her portrait.
i am sorry not answering the comments (and a big part of the emails) i am receiving. it's being tougher and tougher to keep all this going on. on the mental level it's staying cool, but on the physical one i look more and more like nosferatu.
i should get some rest.
when all this shit is over.
(hahahaha).

it's 3 am. i'll try not to stay late tonight.

17 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

Mazen,
Thank you for your images, words, and sounds. You have awakened something inside of me.

Be strong. Be safe. But most of all, Be you. If your heart says stay: stay. But if something inside of you tells you to get out: for life's sake, get out.

I have added you to the list of blogs which are related to the 2006 Israel-Lebanon Conflict on Wikipedia. Hopefully this will help spread yoru word even wider. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict#Lebanese_blogs)

Thank you for allowing us to see and understand the crisis from within. Your drawings, music and words are windows of your soul and allow us to see from inside of you out.

Love and peace,

Noelle.
Brisbane, Australia

5:54 AM  
Blogger north guinea hills said...

i love the piece you posted. one should not burden oneself w/ assessing value judgment of aural documents. it speaks for itself. the truncated mournful cry against the ruptures (and implications of such) of what should be normal life. a truly weepworthy piece, thanks for sharing.

-aaron

6:48 AM  
Blogger O bibliotecário anarquista said...

Great work!
Um abraço

10:53 AM  
Blogger hawzers said...

dear mazen
your art seeps politics.

love
hatem

12:28 PM  
Blogger ire said...

I think your art work is beautiful and inspires a lot of people around the world that are looking for the same thing; justice.

Hang on, many kisses from Argentina.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

I agree with Hatem but do not like the one who managed to sneak in a flagrant political statement knowing that no one will answer..
Mazen
I have left Lebanon in 1984
I did not know your art
I am just going to dig in the web to find more about you [although I am very distressed about relatives lives in the deep south]
do not even bother to answer those silly blood hungry journalists
There are many people around who refuse to watch their sensational media
Love

2:12 PM  
Blogger Paul Illek said...

Hi Mazen
Don't let the bastards grind you down.
For some people aesthetics is a way of distancing the world, for you and many others it is a way of engaging with it.
Tis blog is important as resistance and as art.
I hope I have your courage.
Paul

2:26 PM  
Blogger Paul Illek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Paul Illek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Evnous said...

A friend of mine introduced me to your blog and I am amazed. Excellent and very strong pieces of art and thoughts!
Wish I could draw a smile....

3:47 PM  
Blogger Tom Mandel said...

Thank you for your humanity and your art.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

I understand, I love reading your stuff, interviews can just wait.

And I would LOVE to see a Condi series. I'm sure she's smart and all but diplomacy apparently isn't her strong suit (if we judge by pure results, glancing at a map)

7:54 PM  
Blogger mazen (old profile) said...

dear kpc,
just a final note to explain it better: i am BY NO WAY staying here to continure my blog. i do to stay here one second to be able to write about this shit. i lived it all my life already and have enough material to make a 10.000 pages book.
as for the political aspect, i insist that this blog is not political. which means it is not open at all to political discussions. now if my drawings are political, this is my decision. it is somehow an artistic blog representing ONLY my humble point of view and experience. i can INSULT the whole world, but i do not want people to insult each others here. there is a lot of other places to do this.
my political decision to cut the political comments is somehow dictatorial i know.
but i like it :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Naj said...

Amazing Blog! Can't say more

Naj

9:20 PM  
Blogger Owen said...

I listened to your interview with the BBC in my bedroom in London and it gave me strength (not that I need it as much as you do).

The inane questions of BBC interviewers are, well just inane.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Dr Boo said...

Mazen Kerbal portraitiste officiel de la maison blanche !!! Oh putain comme il me tarde de voir ça !!!!!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Sofia said...

I dont know how i found ur blog. But i just want to say that i'd apreciated it so much. keep on with ur art. keep on living. i'll keep on praying for that mess to end.

kisses

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home