Monday, May 26, 2008
24 may / on the plane
in a slovakian cafe, sharif and i are lost
nazdravie again and again
20 may / in the plane
15 may / THE WAR IS OVER (hahaha)
a nice dinner
a war? which war?
and today we decided to go out for dinner.
in this moment, while i am drawing, i am drunk. very drunk.
between hizbollah and the "14th of march" i choose the white wine..."
- "but who do you support for real?"
- "i support the germans... and if they loose i become with brazil..."
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
12 may / joker
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
10 may / tv tv tv tv and tv
- and counter position
- and answer to the counter position
- and position against the answer to the counter position
- and condemnation of the position against the answer to the counter position
- "i don't understand, are we going to remove the helmets or not? 58 or 75?"
note to the foreign reader:
1958 = 3 days civil war in lebanon
1975 = 15 years civil war in lebanon
Saturday, May 10, 2008
10 may / irak and palestine
9 may / the right to answer
- "how's that? who said that there is weapons in every house? WE DO NOT HAVE WEAPONS!"
- "ENOUGH FOOLISH SAYS!"
- "WE'RE FED WITH WEAPONS AND FIGHTERS!"
- "can you lend me some cash? i found a cheap kalashnikov rifle... a real deal... and the russian model..."
9 may / tv truth?
el ali drawing caption: "good morning beirut."
- "go hide yourself hanzala, it seems beirut is going insane these days"
note to the foreign reader: hanzala is the name of el ali's iconic character (the small boy seen from behind in most of his cartoons). the used drawing was published after the 1982 israeli invasion of beirut.
Friday, May 09, 2008
8 may / before going to sleep
and the rain stopped.
and it seems the shots stopped.
before you felt asleep, you told me: "that's nice... it feels like the rain is washing beirut..."
and here i am sitting, with my glass of whiskey, trying to convince myself that something can still wash this fucking country.... fucking country!